Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday 18 March 2015

August 2012

2nd August 2012, I went and saw the midwife this afternoon, it wasn’t my usual midwife either, I didn’t like her, she was rude and rather abrupt, dad came with me and he thought the same. Midwife sent me down the hospital to be monitored as Angelo Jack had been having reduced movements yesterday and today. I went down to the hospital at 3pm and came out at about 8.30 pm, 5 and a half hours of boredom, I sat around for the first 2 hours waiting to be seen, I was eventually called and put on to a CTG machine to monitor Angelo Jacks heartbeat and movements, the little sod made me out to be a liar because as soon as I was put on the machine he started moving and going mad, I defiantly have one cheeky boy in my belly who like to keep me on my toes and give me a scare. At about 6.45 they took me off the monitor and sent me for a walk for half an hour to try and get him to quieten down a bit, me and dad went to the canteen to get some dinner as I was starving. I went back to the day unit at about 7.15pm and was put back on the monitor; Angelo Jack was still very active. I sat on the machine and saw the doctor at about 7.50. The doctor had a chat with me, had a look at the trace and was happy to send me home, I finally got home at about 8.30 pm after taking dad underwear shopping.


4th August 2012, Angelo Jack has been quite active again today; I think he is making up for his quiet spell that he has had this week. I finally had to take my rings off and belly bar out, my rings are feeling very tight and I keep catching my belly bar which is making my belly button red and sore. I feel so bare without them.  We are now 28 weeks and 3 days, he’s still proving the doctors wrong, he is out little fighter and a miracle baby. Carry on fighting Angelo Jack; mummy and daddy love you so much.

12th August 2012, we are now 29 weeks and 4 days, Angelo was on a quiet day, well until we went to bed, he decided that he was going to start using daddy’s hand as a football, it was so nice to feel and to hear daddy getting excited with every movement and kick that he felt. My belly button is starting to pop out now too.

13th August 2012 I decided to make a cake today but it was a disaster, I was reading the scales wrong when I was making it and didn’t realise until after. Angelo you are making mummy’s brain turn to mush but I love you so much and wouldn’t change a thing. Looked at the stats for my blog today, we have had 3313 views of our blog to date, it has been viewed in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Russia, Singapore, Gibulatar, Ireland, Germany, France, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Denmark, Israel, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland  Hungary, Chilli, Philippines, Pakistan, and Netherlands.

16th August 2012, we are now 30 weeks and 1 day in to the pregnancy. I saw the midwife today, bump is still growing, it was measuring 29 centimetres today, heart rate was nice and regular, Angelo is still lying transverse, and he’s been like that since 27 weeks so he must be comfy. The glucose test that I had done came back normal; iron levels came back fine at 12.2, blood group is o positive and has no antibodies either. Just booked a hotel for next weekend to go and meet Mel and Steve (Trisomy Angel baby Liam’s mummy and daddy), so excited for that. I also see a new consultant at another hospital next week too, it seems like they have so much more hope and from speaking to them they are willing to give our son a chance as I know I will not give up without a fight and neither will our son. Angelo has been quite active today, he kicked the midwife when she was listening to his heartbeat and prodding my belly to get a measurement. Angelo the only thing that I wish for is that you would stop making yourself comfy on  my sciatic nerve, it’s so painful for mummy and all daddy can do is call me and old lady and laugh as I keep grabbing on to things to walk around the house and limp. I have such a strong little boy who likes to be cheeky and I know he won’t give up without a fight either. Angelo’s nanny and pappy came back from Norway and bought him back a little moose teddy; they bought us back a beautiful angel.

18th August 2012 we are now 30 weeks and 3 days in to the pregnancy, it seems like it’s going so quickly. I am getting scared now as Angelo’s due date is getting closer and closer, I know he’s a little fighter but I want him to stay in my belly forever, I want him to stay there as I know he’s ok in there. I feel him move everyday and listen to his heartbeat daily, this is a feeling that I never want to lose. I suppose it’s the fear of the unknown as we take each day as it comes because we don’t know what will happen from day to day. I know while he is in me he’s growing, he has a good heartbeat and he’s safe, I believe it’s the safest place for him. Angelo Jack carry on fighting, mummy and daddy love you so much.

20th August 2012, we are now 30 weeks and 5 days in to the pregnancy. Today is our 1st Wedding Anniversary, I have been looking back thinking of our special day, yes we have had many challenges in our 1st year of marriage but it makes us stronger as a couple, we have overcome the challenges and this is the first year of many. I entered our blog in to a Nuby Blogger Competion too today, it’s a competition for 1st time mummy’s, I think our blog is a special one as its about us and our special little boy. Only 3 more days until I go to Milton Keynes hospital and see a new consultant who is willing to give our son the best possible chance at life, I’m so excited as I will be having another scan as well so I will get to see our beautiful son again. So excited for the weekend as we are going away for the weekend to meet Liam’s mummy and daddy, really looking forward to it.

22nd August 2012, we are now 31 weeks exactly. I see my new consultant tomorrow at Milton Keynes hospital. Today is mum and dad’s 3rd wedding anniversary and they have been together 28 years. Today I have spent most of my day thinking about Angelo but also about my big sister as it would have been her 25th birthday today. RIP Andrea, you are always in my mind. Happy Birthday sis, love you, xxxxxxx.

23rd August 2012, I saw my new consultant today, wow he is amazing, and such a lovely man. Angelo still growing, estimated weight now 2lbs 15ozs, have got a bit of polyhydramenious now. Liked the consultant that I saw he’s lovely, yes ok got told the facts and the figures but they are so much more positive, they did another scan and can’t say for definite if he’s got his bowels on the outside or not, abdominal wall is an abnormal shape, consultant agreed with the finding of cyst in the cord and stomach being in the chest cavity. The little bugger is head down and quite low already. I hope he doesn’t think that he’s making an appearance anytime soon. I have got another scan picture to put in, I will do that as soon as I have got dad to scan it in to the computer for me. Off to Sutton Bridge tomorrow to meet Mel and Steve, so excited I can’t wait for it.

24th August 2012, we left home at 8am this morning and got to Sutton Bridge at 10am, only had to stop once because I needed a wee and to change over driving. Mel and Steve are lovely, we had a laugh, went and checked in to the hotel at about half 6 and then went out for a meal at about half 7. It was a lovely meal, you couldn’t get any more food on to the plate if you tried, you certainly couldn’t moan about the portion sizes. We got back to the hotel at about 10 after going to the garage to get something to drink and to get some ice-cream before going back to the hotel.

25th August we are now 31 weeks and 4 days, we woke up at 8am, laid in bed until about 9, got up and had a shower, packed everything up before we went back to Mel’s and Steve’s for breakfast. Steve cooks and amazing fry up, he can certainly cook that again for me anytime of the week. We sat chatting and watching tele until Mel had to go work and then left at about 4, went to McDonalds for mcflurry which I finally got after craving it for so long. We got back in to Northampton at about 6; me and Joel went for a meal and then got home at about 7. We are both knackered but it was worth it, the weekend was amazing, it was full of laughs and one that we certainly won’t be forgetting any time soon, can’t wait to do it all over again.

28th August 2012, we are now 31 weeks and 6 days; Angelo Jack decided he was going to be awkward and stubborn today as he decided he was not going to let me feel him move. I went down the hospital at 1.30pm to get everything checked and he soon started to move about, I got put on the CTG machine for half an hour to check his heart rate and monitor his movements, I felt him once in the whole time that I was on it. Then had to sit and wait for the doctor to review everything. The doctor came around and did another scan on him, he’s growing well, his estimated weight is now 3 pounds and 7 ounces, the doctor checked all of the blood flow to the cord and placenta and said that it is all good, they think the reason that I’m not feeling him as much as I should is because I have got extra fluid around Angelo and that he’s not staying in the same position. He has flipped around and is back with his head under my ribs. I finally got home at 6pm, after another 4 and a half hours being spent down the hospital.

29th August 2012, we are 32 weeks today. I am so proud of our son as we are somewhere where doctors said we would never get to. Angelo has moved more today, I am enjoying every movement and kick that he gives me. I looked at the stats for our blog today, it has had 6356 views to date, and it seems to have gone mad. It has been viewed in the UK, US, Australia, Russia, Canada, Slovenia, Ireland, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Argentina, Isle Of Man, Singapore, Gibraltar, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Denmark, Israel, Hungary, Chilli, Philippines and Pakistan. I can’t believe how many views we have had, I never thought that our blog would be so popular and that it would make our son so famous before he’s even born.

30th August 2012, I saw the midwife today; Joel came with me and heard his son’s heartbeat nice and clear for the first time. Bump is measuring 30 centimetres so it’s growing well. BP is fine; Angelo’s heartbeat is fine, still nice and strong. Midwife had a look at my birth plan and said it was a very nice birth plan and has got a lovely opening to it. Anglo has been a right little wiggler today, we have been playing games with him too, he would kick me belly so we would poke him back and he would kick again, then we put an oasis bottle lid on my belly and was just sat watching it move when Angelo was moving about. Our little boy is so special to us, he is a little fighter and we are creating every single little memory that we can possibly create with him. Angelo’s favourite game is to use his daddy’s hand as a football. Mummy and Daddy love you so much Angelo Jack Smith.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought this Agbara Herbal Deep Cleanser would work. I’ve been trying to get pregnant for at least 3 year and everything I tried let me down… but for some reason I had a gut feeling to try Agbara herbal Deep Cleanser remedy and few weeks after i used the herbs They sent to me, and my period was regular& I missed my period, took 6 pregnancy tests and my dreams came true. Agbara Herbal Deep Cleanser is very good for women trying to get pregnant. I also love the fact that it’s all natural and completely safe. I definitely recommended this to anyone trying to have a baby. contact Dr cure Herbal Home Via ( drcureherbalhome@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete